Here are some of the many ways to get involved with the work of Sister Cities:
1.Join a local committee in their sistering relationship with a CRIPDES community in El Salvador. Through local committees, you can learn about the history and social movement in El Salvador, participate in delegations, and connect with the vibrant solidarity movement in the U.S.
2. Join our electronic mailing list to get human rights urgent actions and monthly updates from El Salvador. Just fill out the short form below...
3. Intern With Us!-work with one of the regional teams in El Salvador to learn from and support their work in sustainable agriculture, women's rights, youth organizing or political advocacy. Click the link to learn more about different opportunities.
To learn more about volunteering or interning in El Salvador, check out the blogs of our 2015 interns, Katie and Jacey.
4. Donate to Sister Cities - You can support the important work of Sister Cities by giving an automatic, secure monthly donation, fill out a sustainer form and sending it to our U.S. office. Or make a donation payable to USESSC at PO Box 632451, Nacogdoches, TX 75963. All of your donations are tax-deductible
5. Participate in one of our upcoming Delegations
Each year there are multiple opportunities to join or create your own delegation to El Salvador. Delegations usually last 7-10 days and can include visits to sistered communities, presentations with key organizations in the salvadoran social movement, sightseeing, and visits to historic sites. Contact us for more information
6. Become a USESSC National Member
Besides the 17 sister city committees, there are also dozens of people who who join our solidarity movement independently. Every National Member has their own unique way of being involved -- whether that is fundraising to support sustainable development projects in El Salvador, organizing delegations, hosting events to share news about human rights work in El Salvador, or other projects. Contact us for more information and ideas!
For more information about any of these ways of getting involved with Sister Cities please contact us !